[WEB4LIB] Re: Classification Tools

Nick Arnett listbot at mccmedia.com
Mon Mar 15 12:31:04 EST 1999

At 04:26 PM 3/14/99 -0800, Danny Sullivan wrote:
>> I'm guessing that the Content Classification Engine is the new
>> name of the Agent Server Toolkit?
>
>No, it's an add-on to Infoseek's Ultraseek product which does basic
>directory creation. See:
>
>Infoseek Releases New Intranet Search Software
>http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/9812-infoseek.html

Huh?  Verity making an add-on to an Infoseek product?  I don't think so.
Perhaps the original poster had two products confused.

The former head of Verity's advanced technology group has been at InfoSeek
for a while, so there may be a very loose relationship, but his work on
classification started before he was even at Verity...

Nick