Classification Tools

Kat Hagedorn kat at argus-inc.com
Fri Mar 5 18:07:02 EST 1999

I'm interested in getting some recommendations on automated classification
tools.

I am working on a project to build a browsing interface for Early English
documents. We're trying to find a good approach for creating and populating a
topic tree to provide subject-based browsing. Our plan is to explore
semi-automated solutions for indexing the documents. I'm interested in finding
out about software tools that will automatically classify the documents, or
populate a manually created topic tree. We are aware of some products already,
such as Verity's Content Classification Engine.

We'd appreciate any advice or recommendations. Please reply to me and not the
list. I will summarize responses for the entire list. Thanks very much!

[Apologies for cross-posting.]
Kat Hagedorn :: Information Architect
Argus Associates :: http://argus-inc.com
734-913-0010 :: kat at argus-inc.com