[WEB4LIB] Re: Report Uncovers Epidemic of Children Viewi

Christopher J White notcjw at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Fri Mar 5 13:56:18 EST 1999

This topic fascinates me. Particularly, isn't the goal  to
integrate these tools with the traditional library catalog? Shouldn't
the distinction between web search tools and the library catalog
eventually dissolve? The reason I ask is that I am interested in web
pages that provide  resources in this area.

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Jerry Kuntz wrote:

> A huge open source crawling index maintained by librarians would be great.
> As for indexed directories, there's already:
> http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/InternetIndex/  Librarian's Index to the
> Internet
> &
> http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/KidsClick!/  KidsClick!
> both of which are maintained by volunteer corps of librarians. [at one point
> in the past few days, these two sites combined were generating close to
> 10,000 hits per hour!]
> Jerry Kuntz
> Ramapo Catskill Library System
> (KidsClick! site manager)