[WEB4LIB] Library Name in URL

Gerald Bohnet Bohnetg at byuh.edu
Fri Mar 5 13:29:57 EST 1999

No problem.  Whoever administers your server can establish as many different domain names for your IP address as you wish.  Our library address is just like you want:  library.byuh.edu.  The server in my office has three different domain address names but all using the same IP address.  Just ask your people to add whatever name you wish.

>>> Howard HH HUME <HUMEH at NDU.EDU> 03/05 7:40 AM >>>
Our URL for our web pages seems too difficult to remember
for some of our users.

http://www.ndu.edu/ndu/library/library.html

We'd like to use something like:

http://library.ndu.edu/

Do we have to register this domain name or is there simplier
way to establish this name since our parent organization
already owns "www.ndu.edu"?  Unfortunately, the answer of
talking to our Information Management people only works when
you know the answer in advance.

Thanks very much and please answer off-list if this is too
simple or off topic to interest others.

Howard Hume
NDU Library