[WEB4LIB] Re: Report Uncovers Epidemic of Children Viewi

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at rcls.org
Fri Mar 5 10:27:49 EST 1999

A huge open source crawling index maintained by librarians would be great.
As for indexed directories, there's already:
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/InternetIndex/  Librarian's Index to the
Internet
&
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/KidsClick!/  KidsClick!
both of which are maintained by volunteer corps of librarians. [at one point
in the past few days, these two sites combined were generating close to
10,000 hits per hour!]
Jerry Kuntz
Ramapo Catskill Library System
(KidsClick! site manager)