[WEB4LIB] Academic Library Web Pages

Heinrich C. Kuhn ua212ac at mail.lrz-muenchen.de
Tue Mar 2 03:16:32 EST 1999

As there seems to be a lot of interest, I'm forwarding
this to the list.

Up to now we have complete autonomy. In my former insti-
tution there was some discussion about this. My view is,
that the more autonomy you give to the basic levels, the
better and faster they can react, adapt, innovate.
I advocated and advocate however some basic rules for
institutional pages: usability even on older browsers,
not relying on purely visiual information where text
equivalents are possible, indicating the person responsible
for every page, etc ... .

HTH

Heinrich C. Kuhn
------- Forwarded Message End -------