Fw: Internet management software

Steve Scarbrough steves at mwfls.org
Wed Jun 30 11:15:09 EDT 1999

Steve Scarbrough
Technology Dept.
Mid-Wisconsin Federated Library System
steves at mwfls.org
1.920.922.6899

I'm forwarding a request for info from one of my librarians. Any
suggestions would be of great help.

: I am investigating software that is available to help us manage
: our Internet computers.
:
: I am interested in software that has the following features:
:
: 1.  Timer (to control amounts of time patrons can stay on)
: 2.  Patron authentication (to be able to deny access to individuals
:     who either have been give the boot or don't have parental
permission)
: 3.  Reporting features (to make it easier to tally up how much time
is
:     spent on our Internet machines)
: 4.  Security features would be nice because then maybe we could dump
:     something we already have (like Fortres) because we wouldn't
need
:     duplication. (This is not mandatory. It just would be nice.)
:
: I know about WinU, CybraryN, and WinSuite.  Do you know about any
other
: software products out there?
:
: Thanks for any info you can provide.