Netscape 4.5 and Windows OPAC display problems

Mary Rose Amidjaya ADER3MA at rvc.cc.il.us
Wed Jun 23 20:38:55 EDT 1999

Hello, everyone,
I am wondering if anyone else has had this small but aggravating problem and knows how to solve it.  I've visited the list archives, the reference center, and the Netscape Unofficial FAQ with no success...
   We are using our OPAC to launch Netscape 4.5 and connect to a variety of Web resources we subscribe to (e.g. Proquest, Brittanica Online, etc.)   Our OPAC (Voyager/Endeavor) always remains overlaying Netscape on the screen even after one has successfully connected to the site.  This means the user must minimize the OPAC before he/she can see the web site.  Most users don't realize this and it requires more intervention than we wish it did from reference librarians.  Is there a way to ensure that Netscape 4.5 overlays the OPAC?  BTW,  this didn't happen with Netscape 3.xx.
   Any light anyone can shed would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

Mary Rose Amidjaya
Librarian/Systems
Rock Valley College