[WEB4LIB] Web based email programs

Noe Torres noet at mail.com
Wed Jun 23 09:27:03 EDT 1999

Brian,

At South Texas Community College, we've been using two different Web-based
e-mail programs -- EMUmail and Webmail.  Webmail is designed to be its own
mail server, whereas EMUmail uses pop3 and smtp to receive/send mail from
the College's main mail server.  For your intended application, you would
probably want EMUmail.  Info on the product is at:

http://www.emumail.com

We've installed the product on an NT box and on a Linux box (for a backup),
and it's been running without a hitch for about two years.  We've upgraded
it several times.

Although there is a "free" ad-supported version of EMUmail, we elected to
purchase the no-ads version.

Noe Torres, Instructional Technologist
South Texas Community College
McAllen, Texas