[WEB4LIB] HTML Tables into Excel?

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Mon Jun 21 17:39:49 EDT 1999

>    Does anyone know if the newest version of MS Excel (or
> anything else, for
> that matter) has the ability to take an HTML table and import it?

Just highlight all of the data in the table, copy it, and then paste it into
your spreadsheet program.  You may want to do some additional formatting but
it gets it there without typing it.

> My boss and
> our governing board like to see the statistics to justify my/our
> continuing existence.

Why not just print it out for them as is or send the directly to the report?

             Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
         Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
              Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org
         PGP public Key and other info available @
              http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
             The WWW Library Directory is @
         http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/

     "Some say information should be free. It's not.
     Information is power. Information is currency."
                 --Billy Idol, Wasteland

  Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.