Remote access beta test announcement

Chris Zagar zagar at usefulutilities.com
Wed Jun 16 02:35:17 EDT 1999

About a year ago, I sent a note to this list asking about solutions for
providing remote access to web-based databases.  Since that time, a few
others have asked the same question, and a few solutions have been put
forth.  Since none of these solutions ever seemed to meet my needs, I
decided to create a solution for this problem.

I would like to invite people to participate in a beta test of EZproxy, a
remote access proxy solution for Linux and Windows NT.  No compiling is
required, and installation is quick and painless.

In early testing, EZproxy has successfully handled databases provided by
EBSCO, IAC (Gale), Lexis-Nexis, Newsbank, FirstSearch, SilverPlatter,
SIRS, Softline and UMI.

The fully functional beta along with installation instructions is
available at:

        http://www.usefulutilities.com/

Thank you for your time.