Netscape as 'shell'

Paul H. Gray phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Mon Jun 14 19:21:05 EDT 1999

More brain picking -

Under Windows 3.X on a Netware LAN  - if I set Netscape as the shell on my
workstation - when Windows came up all the patron saw was Netscape - and if
they closed Netscape it took them back to a login prompt.
Clean and Easy

We are now on NT --
I CAN set Netscape as the shell -- and it DOES load where only Netscape shows.
BUT
When I close Netscape I am taken NOT to my login prompt -- but to a blank
screen and I seem to have to run Task Manager to shut down and reboot the
station.  NOT something I want to demonstrate to my patrons. (In fact I
want to lock them OUT of Task Manager - but that is another question)

 I have been told by people far and wide that NT is the greatest thing
since  --- so if it will not do this simple thing for me

Load Netscape automatically and show me ONLY Netscape and take me back to
the login prompt if someone tries to close Netscape.  Even better - require
a password or in some other way make it difficult for them to close Netscape.

-- it MUST be my error -- someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks AGAIN

Paul H. Gray
Learning Resources Manager
TCC Northeast Campus Library