[WEB4LIB] Internet use policy / workstations

jay jay at ccpl.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us
Mon Jun 14 14:52:40 EDT 1999

Hello Sandra:

We use Fortress (to block access to the hard drives and to prevent downloading, etc.) We use Ikiosk to prevent interference w/ browser options, and lastly (Surfwatch for a filtering option- anti-pornography thing). I should mention that Surfwatch consistently blocks friendly sites (that contain "naughty key words" in them). I HATE SURFWATCH. -More to the point, I hate anything that restricts access. If people are worried about what Juniors
viewing then they ought to be there when Junior's viewing it. I swear, we are a nation that refuses to take responsibility for own actions and my proxy the Gov. will take responsibility for us! -Sorry for the rant.

Please find our Internet Use Policy at the link below:

http://www.library.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us/home/apa.htm

Regards,

Jay H. Frantz,
Webmaster,