[WEB4LIB] How do you inform your remote users ?

Community Relations Department comrel at mail.orion.org
Fri Jun 11 17:46:24 EDT 1999

We have a "what's new page" that is one of the eight large icons on the
library home page (http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/) The icon
is easy to notice, and the new features are listed with the newest at
the top. Of course people have to want to click on the icon to find out
what's new, but we feel it's less intrusive than sending too much
unwanted e-mail. (yes, I know at one time I checked the box to be
notified of any changes to the Internet Card Central site, but now I
could really care less.)

Marlène Delhaye wrote:

> Good afternoon web4libbers,
>
> How do you inform your remote users of changes on your websites (new
> services, new opening/closing hours, etc...), do you use a mailing list
> software and send info messages on a periodical basis ? I'd appreciate
> any comments/suggestions to help me to communicate with these users I
> never see...
>
> Regards,
> Marlène Delhaye
> Bibliothèque de l'université de la Méditerranée
> 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin
> F-13385 Marseille cedex 5
> Tél : 04 91 32 45 38 – Fax : 04 91 25 60 22
> http://mediterranee.univ-aix.fr/bibliotheque

Nancy Parry McCluer
Community Relations Department
Springfield-Greene County Library District
Springfield, MO     *     comrel at orion.org