Webmaster responsibilities

York County Hospital ych at ican.net
Fri Jun 4 09:52:05 EDT 1999

Recently I was appointed Project Leader (webmaster) for the hospital's
corporate website by Senior Administration.  There is a team of three
(project leader being one of team) and  we work together on ideas and
content for  what will be submitted to the web company, a commercial
webdesign company who develops, designs, and hosts our site.  The other
team members would like to be able to contact the design company directly
with content, questions, materials, etc.  They feel the project leader
should not micromanage and have sole responsibility as liaison with the
company but that all  members should be able to do so.  I thought that a
webmasters responsibility entailed  not only leadership, managing the
project budget, but for obvious reasons to me, also  acting as the point of
contact person with the design company for changes and additions to the
site as determined by the team.   Comments would be very much appreciated
from those who are webmasters or on teams.  I need to defend my position or
let go if I am not seeing this issue clear enough.  Thanks for any ideas or
if you have a job description you could fax or email that would be
absolutely great.

katherine dedrick
health sciences library ~ york county hospital
newmarket, ontario, canada
ych at ican.net
905-830-5989