[WEB4LIB] RE: Microsoft Access

Kyle Harriss kharriss at d.umn.edu
Wed Jun 2 13:10:45 EDT 1999

Eva Holtsmark wrote
> I have been singing about the other Bill (Gates) new Access
> product, Access 2000 of Office 2000, in stores on June 10.
> I played with the Beta version and find it truly remarkable -
> point and click, publish your existing Access Database on
> the web dynamically using 'Data Access Pages'

Eva,

I'm going to follow the link you provided and do some looking,
but I did look at Microsoft's announcements before and found
one thing lacking.  If I was mistaken, I'd LOVE to hear it.

The improved web features in Access2000 allow for publishing
data to the web, but do they make it simple to allow
remote users to perform data entry?  (add records, edit records?)
This is what I was hoping for, but did not see.

Kyle Harriss		      voice: (218) 726-6546
UMD Library		      email: kharriss at d.umn.edu
10 University Drive
Duluth,  MN  55812