[WEB4LIB] The next 5 years

Ilene Frank (REF) ifrank at dudley.lib.usf.edu
Tue Jun 1 18:37:54 EDT 1999

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Carl R. Sandstedt wrote:

> 3. Does anyone but librarians even care about Z39.50? and

Why people care about Z39.50: Patrons are looking for the one-stop
shopping place for information. Our systems administrator, Bev Caggiano,
has been testing SiteSearch to perform multidatabase searches. We have
some users (particularly a group in the College of Engineering) who are
nuts about this even in its imperfect pilot project phase.

Ilene Frank, Reference Dept.
Tampa Campus Library, LIB 122
University of South Florida, Tampa FL 33620
ifrank at lib.usf.edu        Work 813.974.2483
http://www.lib.usf.edu/~ifrank/