Internet Explorer and Embedded Multimedia

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Tue Jun 1 13:05:14 EDT 1999

                  _ Internet Explorer and Embedded Multimedia _

       I am greatly interested in the ability of Internet Explorer (4.x or 5.0) to
automatically and seamlessly handle embedded multimedia in Web documents,
specifically in e-journals.

   I am *not* an IE user know very little about it. I have done a preliminary literature and Web review and  some reading on such functionality but have yet to get a sense as to whether IE requires plug-ins for multimedia (for providing audio (streaming or otherwise); video (streaming or otherwise), VRML, etc.) as is required in Netscape Communicator [I'd also be interested to know if Netscape Communicator 5.0 has a similar seamless functionality that might be available in IE 4 / 5].

   As Always, Any and All contributions, queries, critiques, comments, questions, concerns, etc., etc. regarding this post are Most Welcome.

  Regards,

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

   "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                              Alan Kay
     http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/GASCH.KAY.HTML