[WEB4LIB] The next 5 years of web development

John Hambleton, Academic Information Services Jhamblet at nmu.edu
Tue Jun 1 08:46:44 EDT 1999

>At 01:46 PM 5/31/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>>At 09:37 AM 5/31/99 -0700, Jonathan Esterhazy wrote:
>>>Does anybody know of any articles that discuss how the web will impact
>>>academic libraries in areas like services, collections, and internal
>>>operations/workflow? I'm looking for something that looks forward to the
>>>next 4 or 5 years, that might help us plan our web development strategy
over
>>>the same time frame.
>>>
>>>It needn't be a published or even polished document, though such would be
>>>welcome.
>>>
>>>I will share/summarize whatever I get with the list.
>>>

>>Well, we've got some of the best "brainstormers" in the world right here.
>>What do you think folks?
>>

>>****************************
>>Linda Woods Hyman, MLIS., MA.
>>Pacific Bell Education First
>>(619) 237-2020
>>http://www.kn.pacbell.com
>>lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
>>

>A good deal of it will be shaped by us.
>Through ideas, shared in a public forum such as this.
>Through making known our needs to product vendors.
>And coding up solutions ourselves.
>Mr. H

* John S. Hambleton                LMS      6.4.0 *
* Olson Library                    GTO      6.4.0 *
* Northern Michigan University     CICS     2.x   *
* Marquette, Michigan 49855        MVS/ESA  4.x   *
* Phone:  906-227-2741                            *
* E-mail: jhamblet at nmu.edu                        *