Icons

Matthew Burrell mburrell at nwrls.lib.fl.us
Thu Jun 10 15:49:49 EDT 1999

This point may not be exactly related to the discussion at hand, but on the subject of Icons on the public access computers. Designing a youth page for our public library, I wrote to owners of trademarks of the software we have loaded on our public computers in the juvenile department, (ie, Magic Schoolbus), and told them the intention was to simply mention that we had this software available to the in-library users. (all with licenses). I received a speedy reply that said, and I quote from their letter, "Unfortunately, for both legal and policy reasons we must decline your request for use of this Federally-registered trademark." Now, a kids page without pictures is not a very nice page. Aside from designing my own pretty pictures, (ha ha), does anyone have a suggestion? TIA.
Matthew Burrell
Webmaster and Reference Librarian
Northwest Regional Library System
http://www.nwrls.lib.fl.us
Bay County Public Library, Panama City, Florida
(850) 872-7500 ex. 19
mburrell at nwrls.lib.fl.us