Changes in SUNY Morrisville LibraryLinks Site

Bill Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Jun 10 10:55:57 EDT 1999

I have fixed the problem with text overlaying the tiger logo and have also
fixed the redisplay problem for Netscape.  A couple of people have asked me
what I am trying to accomplish and why I just don't use a simple hierarchy
menu.  I want a nice
clean look that I wasn't able to get satisfactorily with using forms menus.
Hierarchical menus involve too many clicks.
I am also using JavaScript and will continue to do so.  The new page
deteriorates nicely in Lynx, Opera, Netscape (with JavaScript off).  There
does seem to be a problem with JavaScript turned off in IE5 or IE4.  The
page works very well in both Netscape and IE with JavaScript turned on.
--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
President, SUNY Librarians Association (SUNYLA)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: drewwe at morrisville.edu powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Voicemail:877-324-6289 Box # 607400110 (Toll Free)
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
SUNYLA: <http://www.albany.edu/library/sunyla/>