[WEB4LIB] Re: Microsoft Access: a second try to get info

Joleen Crockett crocket at goodnet.com
Sun Jun 6 09:44:45 EDT 1999

> >1. Using the report how do I get the Save as HTML to output all records
> >one file or how do I remove the page break from the report?

>it sounds to me like you just want to take your data and format it as a Web
page.  Rather than trying to
> "Save as HTML" (I've seen some unfortunate results from that), how about
looking for some reference to >
>printing a report to a text file?

I've produced Web pages from Microsoft Access reports by
enclosing the report data with unbound text boxes containing the html.
Instead of "Save as HTML" for the report, I've used "Save As/Export...",
then "To an
External File or Database" and chosen  Export to "Text Files".  Finally,
when I name
the file for export, I use a "htm" extension instead of the default "txt".
The pages which result are continuous, lacking the usual Access page breaks.
They've been imported and used in a Front page environment.

This can get awkward,  Access syntax can create some conflicts.  Check the
help files, especially for quotes within quotes, and perhaps even split a
htm phrase into several text boxes.  When it's working, the report looks
like page
source view.  (Look at your progress as you work with print preview.)   It
will
be a clean web page when it's opened in the browser.

On Access books--I like Que publishing's Using Access Special Edition and
Peter Norton's book on programming Access 97.

Joleen Crockett
Tempe Public Library (AZ)
Joleen_Crockett at tempe.gov