PLA Tech Note: Wireless Networks

GraceAnne A. DeCandido ladyhawk at well.com
Thu Jul 29 14:45:00 EDT 1999

Dear Colleagues,
Once again, I come to the well of collective wisdom and
experience for the sixth in a series of Tech Notes that I am
writing for the Public Library Association. This one is one
Wireless Networks.
I would love to hear from public libraries who are using
such a network, who are planning a wireless network, or
who are investigating same. I would appreciate citations,
web sites, book chapters, or anything else that has helped
you along the way.
As I have been researching, writing, and developing this
series, I have found a dearth of published information on
some subjects, and lots on others. In every case however, the
most valuable information has come from folks in the field.
Thanks again in advance for any ideas you can offer.
The current Tech Notes are at
http://www.pla.org/videoconferencing.htm
Video Teleconferencing: Here, There, and Everywhere

http://www.pla.org/intranet.htm
Intranets: The Web Inside

http://www.pla.org/metadata.htm
Metadata: Always More Than You Think

http://www.pla.org/doi.htm
DOI: The Persistence of Memory

Electronic Statistics: Counting Crows
should be posted some time next week.

Best,
GraceAnne

GraceAnne A. DeCandido
Blue Roses Editorial & Web Consulting, New York City
ladyhawk at well.com http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/gadhome.html
What's Ladyhawk reading now?
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/books.html

Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose.