Citrix/Winu/Netscape confusion.

Don Hamilton dhamilto at mach2.wlu.ca
Tue Jul 27 11:30:50 EDT 1999

I'm not sure where to start on this, so I am hereby trying to tap the
collective intelligence of this list, rather than the singular intelligences
of a (I'm not sure which one) vendor.

I run, with few problems, public w95 public workstations with WINU to
prevent tampering. Regular use includes Netscape(4.07) for browsing and
Endeavor's OPAC. I've recently installed a Discport CD server and Citrix to
provide web access to various cd roms.

The cirtix plugin for NS is installed (and the latest version).

When I click on a link for citrix (an ICA type file), the citrix connection
is launched, but it goes 'under' the current netscape window, and is hard to
find. (among other things, you have to know to look for it, which most
patrons don't).

I guess I'm just looking for clues as to a good approach here..
Can I modify the HTML that contains the ICA to "open in a new window, and
keep it on top"?
Is anybody out there running a similar config successfully?

Any and all clues gratefully accepted.

Don Hamilton(dhamilto at mach2.wlu.ca)
Information Technology & Cybrarian by Osmosis
Wilfrid Laurier University/Tri University Group
519-884-0710-x3336, fax 519-884-8023