[WEB4LIB] Computer Security Information Sources

Brian Williams brianw at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us
Mon Jul 26 17:21:37 EDT 1999

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Donald Barclay wrote:

> Hypothetical situation: A senior/mid-level library manager needs to learn
> about computer security as it relates to libraries in general and to
> public-access computers in particular. This manager is neither a computer
> neophyte nor a systems expert. What books, CD-ROMs, or websites would you
> recommend for learning about the following topics?
>
>      General computer security.
>
>      Computer Viruses.
>
>      Computer hacking.
>
>      Other?

Just got the interesting security poster in the mail from SANS. Try
www.sans.org.

Also that was an interesting article in the NY Times this am, since we
just reloaded the os on one of our suns for exactly that reason (root
exploits and hacked binaries.)

Brian Williams			brianw at multnomah.lib.or.us
Automation Manager	  	5032044627 at mobile.att.net (pager)
Multnomah County Library	 (503) 248-5227 (v)
801 SW 10th  Portland, OR 97205  (503) 248-5226 (f)
		[ Can now UnJustify! ]