[WEB4LIB] RE: Printing w/css

Kevin Sullivan internet at mcpl.lib.mo.us
Wed Jul 21 13:01:50 EDT 1999

To validate your style sheet:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator

I'm not postitive, but it may have to do with the fact that the style
sheet is using the em definition for font-size which is a relative unit
of measure. (I tend to use pt which is absolute.) Different browsers are
handling the display and printing differently.

Netscape 4.08 is printing absolute pt sizes correctly, but not relative
em in my tests (of the vendor page). NS 4.08 is rendering the em
correctly on the screen. IE3 is displaying the h2 on this page as 2 tiny
dots. IE4 is displaying all text as the same size.

And finally Opera 3.51 is displaying and printing your page correctly
with relative size differences in the h2 versus the body's text.

I hope any of this is of use. -ks

Kevin Sullivan
Internet Systems Manager
Mid-Continent Public Library