[WEB4LIB] Domain name "propagation"

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Jul 20 00:26:38 EDT 1999

At 04:07 PM 7/19/99 -0700, spober at manhattan.edu wrote:
>Since the main campus domain name server was up and has the correct DNS
>information, and since this situation corrected itself (apparently
>spontaneously) sometime late Sunday night or early Sunday morning, it's
>making me very curious about domain name propagation on the Internet.

This is far from my area of expertise, but as you may know you're required
to have a primary and secondary DNS server on your campus.  If the
secondary server was down or the tables were corrupt I believe you could
get the results you describe, based on some previous experiences at Boise
State.  Intuitively that doesn't sound right, but I believe you'll find
that such can occur.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165