OCLC Dedicated IP setup

spober at manhattan.edu spober at manhattan.edu
Mon Jul 19 22:01:32 EDT 1999

We use an extranet connection to hook up with OCLC's cataloging
services, and they just changed the IP address of the router on their
end - which means we have to change our router setup and use regular
Internet routing until that is changed.  Which is all do-able, but I was
hoping to have some advance notice of the need to change these things.

Does anyone know of a email list or even a web page where such changes
are announced?  I called OCLC support and they were most helpful and
gave me the new information on the network changes, but I would really
prefer to hear about this stuff well in advance.  It makes the
transitions much smoother.

TIA
Stacy Pober, Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries