Public Library Web Site Guidelines - List

Shelley Voie shelleyv at kcls.org
Fri Jul 16 14:50:49 EDT 1999

Maureen,

I have been collecting public library web site guidelines for awhile now, as
we still need to develop some for our library system.  Here are a number of
them:

http://www.lib.de.us/about/cdpolicy.htm

http://www.kclibrary.org/html/evalweb.htm

http://www.pldminfo.org/coldev.htm

http://www.webrary.org/inside/colldevadultWWW.html

http://www.tpl.lib.wa.us/v2/HOME/WebInfo.htm

http://www.sonoma.lib.ca.us/guide.html

I also have a printed copy of an ALA Midwinter 1999 presentation made by
Syma Zerkow and Judith Hiott from Houston Public Library.  It was very
informative, not only for developing Web collection development guidelines
but also for all the issues that surround a Web collection.  The
presentation was on the HPL Web site for awhile, but seems to have been
removed.  I haven't tried searching to see if it's been moved somewhere
else.  I would recommend doing that, or contacting Zerkow or Hiott.  My
printout says they are in HPL's Materials Selection department.

Shelley Voie
Electronic Resources Librarian
King County Library System: http://www.kcls.org
(425) 450-1763 / shelleyv at kcls.org

"O brave new world, that has such people in't!"
Miranda, in "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare