[WEB4LIB] Hotmail: access via MS Explorer vs Netscape

Judy McBrian jbrian at evansville.net
Fri Jul 16 11:42:32 EDT 1999

"Charles P. Hobbs" wrote:

> Tbe library I work in has about 11 Windows 95 machines on a LAN for public
> internet access. Many of our users have Hotmail accounts for e-mail
> purposes.
>
> In the past few days, I've noticed that no one can get onto Hotmail using
> Netscape 4.5 (after they put in their username and password, the screen
> goes blank, and the browser continues to try and load the next page, but
> it gets stuck after loading 1-2 K or so.
> David,

We're having similar problems with Hotmail, but some of our Netscape 4's work.  I
tracked it down to an error message in Historian (software we use to count web
use)  I haven't tried using a combo of IE, Homail and Historian, but will.  We
don't like IE as well for public use  for a lot of reasons, so I'm hoping  some of
the list  gurus will help me (us) out here.

TIA's to those who can...
Judy McBrian
Boonville Warrick Public Library