[WEB4LIB] Re: Authentication Scripts, Tricks and Traps

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Jul 13 15:54:27 EDT 1999

> ...as far as I know,
> thanks to me, Delaware is the ONLY place where remote patron
> authentication is done in BOTH real-time and across several ILS systems.

For what it's worth, the OhioLINK statewide remote authentication system
currently works only with Innovative Interface patron databases (we are by
fiat a one-ILS consortium).  But the auth system was designed from the
ground up to be able to authenticate against campus LDAP, X.500, or
kerberos databases also; we just don't have any member campuses taking
advantage of that [yet].

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu