[WEB4LIB] Re: Adobe Acrobat

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Jul 2 11:12:42 EDT 1999

> I'm not sure what you mean by integrating into a website.

One helpful trick for incorporating Acrobat into a website is to set up
byteserving.  This is especially helpful when you're serving large
documents (we have plenty of 1MB+ PDF files), as it lets the user view the
first pages of a document while the rest are still downloading.

Our experience, though, is that setting up byteserving can involve some
tricky server configuration and that browsers may or may not understand
it.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu