[WEB4LIB] Saying no to porn sites from our library's home page

Angela Evette Weaver cybers at cypress.mcsr.olemiss.edu
Thu Jul 15 12:09:56 EDT 1999

A censor is someone who supervises morals and conduct.  By saying that
surfing porn sites is forbidden in the library, what exactly do you think
you have done except supervise morals and conduct?  I hate to be the one
to tell you this, but you're in the censorship business.

Angela Weaver
Library Instruction Coordinator	     "That is not it at all,
Theatre Bibliographer		      That is not what I meant, at all."
Reference Department
JD Williams Library				-- T.S. Eliot
University of Mississippi			"The Love Song of
University, MS  38677				J. Alfred Prufrock"
601-232-1158
cybers at cypress.mcsr.olemiss.edu
cybers at sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu