horizontal scrolling in Netscape 4.61

Carl Snow csnow at purdue.edu
Wed Jul 28 10:18:20 EDT 1999

Hi,

I am setting up a page composed of three images side by side.  It is a world
map
with some cities. The three images are inside of the PRE tag so that
browsers will not
wrap them.  Clicking on a city takes the user off to a subpage.  I have
placed each
image inside of it's own anchor.  When the user clicks on the return URL, I
would
expect that the browser would scroll to the proper image.  In fact this
works using IE
5 but does not work with Netscape 4.61.  Does anyone have a solution for
Netscape that will work with Netscape 3.0 and higher?

Carl Snow
Purdue University Libraries