Dartmouth October Conference - Call for Presenters

Karen V. Odato Karen.V.Odato at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Jul 1 11:15:33 EDT 1999

CALL FOR PRESENTERS!!

Cross posted.  Please excuse the duplication.

Please consider presenting at Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries' third annual October Conference for New England Librarians!  The topic this year is "Electronic Journals: Pragmatic Solutions for User Access".  Scheduled for Thursday Oct 21, 1999, this day-long event will be held at Dartmouth College in beautiful Hanover, New Hampshire (an easy 2-hour drive from Boston, Springfield MA, and many other New England locations).

Arnold Hirshon, the Director of NELINET, will be the keynote speaker and will frame the issues.  We are looking for additional presenters to provide practical solutions to the e-journal access issues that are plaguing all of us.  Have you developed a unique or practical method to:
--  help your users find your various digital journals?
--  authenticate users?
--  deal with issues concerning duplicate print and electronic subscriptions?
--  accomodate archiving?
--  inform library staff and users about licensing restrictions?
--  otherwise  facilitate user access to electronic journals?

If you would like to make a presentation lasting between 15-20 minutes plus question/discussion time, please contact (phone or email) one of us by July 23, the sooner the better. (You don't have to have your presentation finished by then; you just need to be able to describe your presentation.)

Publicity flyers/registration forms will be sent out once the program is finalized.

We have had between 70 and 80 participants at our 2 previous conferences, "Creative Web-Based Library Education Projects:  Distance Learning and Bibliographic Instruction"  and "Reserve Readings and Other Course Enhancements on the Web: Let the Library Lead!"  in October, 1997 and 1998 respectively <http://www.dartmouth.edu/~biomed/services.htmld/#conferences>.  We expect similar attendance this year.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Karen Odato
karen.odato at dartmouth.edu
603-650-8562