[WEB4LIB] Re: Telnet and Fortres/Bypassing

HIS his at virtuallibrarian.com
Wed Jan 13 15:37:21 EST 1999

Hi,

Older versions of Netscape (3.0 and it's strains) were telnet compliant
with Fortress.  Once I put communicator in, I noticed that with Fortress
enabled it will not allow you to telnet://mysite.com anymore.  So far I
haven't found a workaround, until then I put the Windows telnet icon on the
desktop, with a "see librarian" first note attached.

I'm looking forward to anyone sharing their workaround on this.

Thanks
Cynthia Hetherington
Englewood Public,NJ