[WEB4LIB] Optimizing Images on the Web

Eric Lee ericlee at oise.utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 29 15:50:40 EST 1999

I've used GIFWizard

   http://www.gifwizard.com/

which is equally at home with JPEG, with good results.  It is a
subscription, Web based service (i.e. it costs).

It shows several degrees of compaction, and resulting degradation, for
each image and gives many choices of how much compaction to do.

Other tools I've heard of but haven't used are:

  graFX Image Editor   http://www.dsdesign.com/ulead/ssaver.htm

  Picobello            http://www.picobello.com/

Eric Lee