[WEB4LIB] security question

Hetherington Information Services his at virtuallibrarian.com
Thu Jan 21 22:09:24 EST 1999

Hello.

I'm also noticing some anomalies with Fortress and my Windows '95 machines
lately.  We have Fortress set to maximum security on our computers, only
capable of accessing our OPAC via Smarterm and Netscape.  The version of
Fortress we have is 2.51, and Windows '95 is Build B.

When I called Fortress with a problem recently they said their were some
problems with the ver. 2.51 and Windows '95 B OS, and suggested I upgrade
to the next level of Fortress.

I'm not one to patch a problem and move on.  I would like to know if anyone
has experienced problems of the same nature with the Fortress/ Win'95
versions, and if so can you define the problem?  I'm really interested in
how your patrons, Thomas, are working around the "save to C" issue.

Thanks
Cynthia Hetherington, Technology Librarian
Englewood Public, NJ