MSIE 4.5 Java Problem

Michael J. Dargan miked at tsaw03.wplwloo.lib.ia.us
Thu Jan 21 15:12:18 EST 1999

I'm trying to get MSIE 4.5 for Macintosh to run on my PM 7500/100s with 32
megs RAM.  When I hit on our home page I get the following complaint: "The
Java VM you have chosen, "Apple MRJ" could not be loaded.  Please check to
see that it is installed correctly or choose another VM."

Sigh.  I've gone to edit|preferences|java and changed to "Microsoft VM,"
restarted, and got the same message and find that the java preference
reverts to Macintosh MRJ.  I've reinstalled to no avail.

MSIE runs fine without Java, but I doubt that I could sell a java-less
browser to my staff.

Any suggestions for fixing this problem are welcome.

Thanks.

--mike