[WEB4LIB] Re: Video on the Web

Vladislav S. Davidzon vladislav at davidzon.com
Thu Jan 14 13:47:22 EST 1999

>> 1) How does one go about "capturing" a video onto a PC - what hardware,
>> software, etc. is necessary to do this.  More importantly, for those who
>> have done this, what issues do I need to be aware while doing this that
>> would normally go past a newbie?

"Snappy" is a good hardware solution I've heard of before, although never
used.  This will allow you to capture it.

>> 2) What is the most effective way to make a digitized video available to
>> web visitors?  The RealPlayer way seems the most effective to me but I
>> would be interested in hearing how others are doing this and what their
>> recommendations are.

You will need to purchase the RealAudio server software.  I'd say maybe the
Microsoft Media Player may be a good solution, because both IE and Netscape
support it [to my knowledge at least].

-vsd