[WEB4LIB] wireless modems

Don Kaiser dkaiser at carl.org
Mon Jan 11 18:07:46 EST 1999

Several CARL libraries are either investigating or using cellular to
connect to their bookmobiles.  Please check out the following link to a
paper we have on wireless connectivity on CARL's web site:

http://www.carl.org/Libforum.html

A successful implementation of wireless requires investigation of what is
available in your area -- and what 'deals' your institution or governmental
agency might have with cellular providers.

Good Luck!

At 02:49 PM 1/11/99 -0800, Thomas Edelblute wrote:
|We are looking at the possibility of setting up a computer with a
|wireless modem that would connect to our circulation system.  Has anyone
|done anything similar?  Any recommendations on what to do/not do do,
|what products work/don't work?

|--
|Thomas Edelblute
|Anaheim Public Library

 Don Kaiser
 Director, Contracts and System Sales
 CARL Corporation
 Toll free:   888-439-CARL    or   303-758-3030   Fax: 303-758-0606
 E-Mail: dkaiser at carl.org