New Internet Guide for Librarians

Margaret Gross mgross at CAM.ORG
Sun Jan 10 12:54:05 EST 1999

New Internet Guide for Librarians

Dear colleagues

I would like to invite members of the List to take a look at the
Librarians' Resource Centre

http://www.sla.org/chapter/ctor/toolbox/resource/index.html

The Librarians' Resource Centre is a compilation of internet resources
organized for the practicing librarian.The web pages are hosted by
Special Libraries Association, Toronto Chapter, and the searchable
database is hosted by Andornot Consulting.

The Librarians Resource Centre is arranged within three sections:
Serving our Clients, Professional Development, Technical Services.
The intent is to reflect the way we work, and to facilitate our
informational research and retrieval. The home page includes a
short mission statement, a site plan with links to the resource
categories, and a searchable catalogue.

Included are:
Directories [telephone, postal, list forums & archives]
Ready Reference [acronyms, almanacs, biographical, calendars,
currency, dates, gazeteers, quotations,  weather]
Topical Guides [arranged by subject, includes   government,
law, country reports, news media, patents, standards, statistical
sources, etc.]
Business & Finance [Guides, news, companies, stock symbols,
IPO, annual reports, finance, country reports]
Engineering, Science & Technology
Databases [Database vendors and free stuff]
Citing Electronic References
Library and Information Science [Resources, humour, image, ethics,
mission, policies]
Careers & Employment
Magazines & Journals [Links to professional literature]
Knowledge Management  [KM, Competitive Intelligence, Learning
Organizations]
Internet/Intranet web page development
Graphics,HTML,Intranets,Java/Javascript
Web Site Evaluation
Records Management
Cataloguing Resources
Computer Based Training
Publishers, Vendors & Out-of-Print Sources

The Librarians'Resource Centre is approved by the Argus Clearinghouse.
You can read more about it in the Courier, SLA Toronto Chapter's
Newsletter
"An Information Source for the Profession"
http://www.sla.org/chapter/ctor/courier/v36/v36n2a4.htm

I look forward to your comments and recommendations, thank you

--
-----oooooooo000000oooooooo-----
Margaret Gross, MLS

tel. (514)457-2150