[WEB4LIB] Re: security question

John Williams jwilliams at jhubc.it
Fri Jan 22 13:44:35 EST 1999

Yes, policy editor is available for Win95, instructions can be found in
that big thick book on Win95 put out by Microsoft. But it's pretty easy
and inuitive to use.

After shutting out everything with the policy editor, you need to
prevent access to the Win95 boot menu (safe mode, command line, etc.) by
editing msdos.sys, then edit the BIOS to prevent floppy boots, then
password protect the BIOS.

Will that do the trick? I'm not sure, because I haven't tried it yet.

John Williams
Johns Hopkins University SAIS Bologna Center
Via Belmeloro 11, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Tel.: 051232185 - Fax: 051228505 - http://www.jhubc.it/