[WEB4LIB] Print Preview

Kevin Justie kjustie at nslsilus.org
Wed Jan 20 17:07:16 EST 1999

>We've recently added some Power Macs (PM 7500/100s with 32 megs RAM, MacOS
>8.5) and find that Navigator 4.08 lacks a "print preview" function.  I've
>been told that a product called "Net Print" would provide a workaround.
>I've not been able to locate it and wonder if it really exists.

NetPrint can be found at http://www93.pair.com/johnmoe/.  Rather than
having a print preview, it allows you to select (by dragging) a portion of
the page and then print just that portion.  It's very useful, *but* you
lose most of the formatting and all of the graphics.

We've just started using MSIE 4.5 (for staff, not public) and the print
preview function is *very* nice. In addition to seeing which pages you need
to print, you can also either squeeze the content horizontally or crop it
so you don't get those 99% empty "right-hand" pages when one part of the
page is wider than the print area.

Kevin Justie
Head of Technical and Automated Services
Morton Grove Public Library, Morton Grove, IL
(847) 965-4220
kjustie at mgk.nslsilus.org
http://www.webrary.org/
Opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
official Library policy.

***   "The box said Windows 95 or better,...So I bought a Mac."   ***