[WEB4LIB] Re: New Terminal Server Licensing

Richard L. Goerwitz richard at goon.stg.brown.edu
Tue Jan 19 12:37:46 EST 1999

> > And remind me again why I want spend thousands to use this rather than using
> > a $50 Linux installation for the same purposes?
>
> Please excuse my ignorance of Linux.  Does it allow my DOS and Windows
> applications to run on the server?

Don't be defensive.  You're being needled in a very gentle way.  Mike
is just questioning the assumption that you (and the rest of us) are
all simply hostages to Microsoft's arbitrary licensing changes.

There are alternatives, in many cases (although some MIS managers have
not caught on to this yet).  Linux is one.  There are others.

--

Richard Goerwitz
PGP key fingerprint:    C1 3E F4 23 7C 33 51 8D  3B 88 53 57 56 0D 38 A0
For more info (mail, phone, fax no.):  finger richard at goon.stg.brown.edu