[WEB4LIB] Re: Graphics Program question

Walter Minkel walterm at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us
Mon Jan 18 21:01:24 EST 1999

I've used all three, & I feel there is _nothing_ better than Photoshop. If
you came unwillingly from the Mac world to Windows, like I did, Paint Shop
Pro is a very difficult to use, clunky program. Every time I've used it
has been a struggle; Photoshop is complex, but once you learn it, it makes
far more sense to this very right-brained librarian & does so much more
cool stuff! 8-{)> --W

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Hetherington Information Services wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I own everything from Adobe Photoshop to L-View, and think that Paint Shop
> Pro by JASC (www.jasc.com) is the best product out there.  It is a
> wonderful tool for those folks like me (creatively impaired<G>).
> PSP is easy to use, inexpensive and very powerful.
>
> Cynthia Hetherington, Technology Librarian
> Englewood Public, NJ
>

> At 05:20 PM 1/18/99 -0800, Jodie Gardner wrote:
> >I am investigating what programs we might need for our library's graphic
> >designer in order for her to help us put great looking graphics and
> >pictures on our web page.  My questions:
> >
> >What programs do your libraries use to create graphics for your web page?
> >
> >What do you like about these programs?  What do you dislike about them?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Jodie Gardner
> >jgardner at vlc.lib.mi.us

Walter Minkel, School Corps Technology Trainer
Multnomah County Library, 205 NE Russell St., Portland, OR 97212
Voice (503)736-6002; fax (503)248-5441; walterm at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us