Online library tour info needed

Pat Tully ptully at gettysburg.edu
Mon Jan 18 12:54:05 EST 1999

Hello,

We are looking into developing an online tour of our library.  Most of the
announcements of such tours that we have seen are by large universities; we
are a small liberal arts college with about 2,200 undergraduates.   Have
any smaller schools developed such a site and if so, have you found it
worth the amount of time it took to develop the tour and the time it takes
to update it?

And, for anyone who has developed an online library tour (for any kind of
library of any size):

- what are the pros and cons of online library tours?
- how many people maintain your tour pages and how much time do they spend
doing so?

We would also like to look at as many tours as possible, from all kinds and
sizes of libraries.  If your tour is accessible off-site, could you send us
your URL?

Thank you,

Patricia A. Tully, Head of Technical Services
Box 420, Musselman Library
Gettysburg College
300 N. Washington St.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania   17375