http://www.fafsa.ed.gov and navigator 4.08

Josh Kuperman sar_kuper at sals.edu
Tue Jan 5 13:38:54 EST 1999

Currently, the fafsa web site, which is encouraging people to apply for
financial aid online, does not support any version of Netscape Navigator
later than 4.05. I tried to contact them using the addresses at the site
and their online form, to find why. I was not successful. Does anyone know
what their problem is? I can't tell if it is as simple as they need to
update their check for browsers to include the newer versions or if their
is some difference in the newer browsers.

Some of our users (oops, sorry I meant patrons - just a throwback to when I
worked as a systems administrator) have pointed out to me a few things that
work in 4.05 that don't work in 4.08. They all involve websites that use
Java, but I've no idea exactly what the problem is.

--
Josh Kuperman        Saratoga Springs Public Library
sar_kuper at sals.edu   49 Henry St