56K Line Modem Question

dublinpub at lycosmail.com dublinpub at lycosmail.com
Mon Jan 4 10:13:04 EST 1999

Dear Web4Libbers,
Sorry to bother you with this trivial question, but several months ago someone here posted information about how to check if your current analog phone line can support a 56K modem dial-in connection. Would someone be so kind as to repost this information? I searched the archives but could not find the posting I was looking for. I believe it involved a toll-free telephone number which could be used to verify if the local phone line can support 56K modems.
Thanks for any information that you can provide.
Brenda Tyler