[WEB4LIB] Impressive New Search Engine: Google

Nancy Lin nlin at library.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 26 16:27:40 EST 1999

I think there was a discussion a while back on how google searches.

Personally, I find it very hard to use.  It doesn't seem to return the
results I'm looking for.  Are there a particular way you should phrase your
search to get the results you want?  For example, a search for "web security"
and another search for "web and security" consistently returns the
"Social Security Online" page.  It's clearly not what I want.  I don't see
how they think web security and social security are the same thing.
Another example....searching for "ehousing" on yahoo returns their
website. But with google, the top results are pages containing the words
"arE HOUSING"...

--
Nancy